Application, Selection, Fees & Funding
Application & Selection Procedure
The Festival Academy will select up to 35 participants for the 7-day programme of Atelier Elefsina 2023.
The call for applications is closed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact The Festival Academy for further information on the application & selection procedure.
This seven-day long capacity building programme is addressed to emerging production managers and festival managers from all over the world, regardless of age, gender and nationality, who are interested in exchanging knowledge and experiences between professionals active in the field of festivals and who wish to improve their management skills, learn from renowned experts and exchange ideas and best practices with other participants.
It is addressed at participants who are interested in the organization and in the new ways of cooperation and sustainable production. In addition, it is aimed at participants who are interested in becoming part of a network that focuses on knowledge sharing and networking. At the end of the programme, participants will leave with expanded skills in festival organisation, curation and production, with a wide new personal and professional net work and with inspiration for new ways of developing and producing projects.
Good to know:
- There is no age limit, but it may be interesting to know that the average age of Atelier participants (from past editions) is 35 years old.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required (the working language of the Atelier)
- We encourage people from all parts of the world to apply, even with the current circumstances related to travel; The Festival Academy will work towards making the Atelier possible and accessible for all selected applicants
- Be supported by a festival, a cultural venue or another initiative in the cultural sector; or
- Be supported by a training/academic institute (study module); or
- Provide proof of future employment in the field; or
- Demonstrate strong personal arguments and motives.
- Deal with one or more artistic disciplines within a festival; or
- Have basic practical knowledge in festival operation; or
- Demonstrate the ambition to deepen their skills in the field of programming or in a department closely related to it; or
- Prove that a study course (already completed or due to be completed) is in line with the Atelier; or
- Give evidence of their ambition to work in the festival business or cultural field.
Course fee includes accommodation for seven nights, registration, working documents, access to all sessions, meals and drinks, receptions, local transport to activities within the programme, cultural and artistic programme, and follow up activities.
- Full course fee: €2100
- Reduced course fee for EFA member festivals: €1600
Following selection, Atelier participants will receive a request of payment for the full amount, with a request to pay an advance sum of 300 Euro (non-refundable) within 10 days of receiving the selection letter. The remaining 1800 Euro (for non-EFA members) or 1300 Euro (for individual EFA members) have to be paid as indicated on the request of payment.
Please ensure that The Festival Academy receives the contribution net. The participant is in charge of bank costs related to international payment. Travel expenses and insurance are the responsibility of the participant.
The Festival Academy will assist as much as possible with visa issues and other permissions in preparation for the Atelier.
Funding opportunities for a training programme such as the Atelier are numerous at local/national level.
The Festival Academy advises applicants to start researching funding opportunities at national and international levels from the moment they apply. You can have a look at general information and previous examples of participants’ funding and funding institutes here.
Upon request, we can provide specific documents to support your financial support application with third-party organisations.