Application & Selection procedure
Applicants are asked to provide information on who they are, what their work experience is, their expectations related to the programme and – most importantly: their motivation to participate in the programme. During the selection, the diversity of the group is taking into account related to gender, age, geography, social background etc.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to provide information on who they are, what their work experience is, their expectations related to the programme and – most importantly: their motivation to participate in the programme.
Arts and production managers from Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia (only) are invited to apply by 15 December 2020! Do not hesitate, apply here!
Proposal for a concrete artistic project
Upon selection, participants are requested to hand in a concrete plan for an art project they are working on or want to develop. This is a requirement to be allowed to take part in the training.
Good to know:
- There is no age limit, but it may be interesting to know that the average age of Atelier participants (from experience of past editions) is 35
- Sufficient knowledge of English is a must (the working language of the Atelier)
Applicants must (non-cumulative):
- be supported by a festival, a cultural venue, or another initiative in the cultural sector; or
- be supported by a training/academic institute (study module); or
- proof future employment in the field; or
- be an artist; or
- demonstrate strong personal arguments and motives.
Participants must (non-cumulative):
- deal with one or more artistic disciplines or
- have basic practical knowledge in arts/festival operation
- demonstrate the ambition to deepen their skills in the field of programming or production in a department closely related to it;
- prove that a study course (already completed or due to be completed) is in line with the Atelier; or
- give evidence of his/her ambition to work in the festival business or cultural field.
The current call for application is open for arts and production managers from Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia.
- Fee to be covered by participants: 200 € for the 3 modules.
- Participants from Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Morocco, Tunisia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey need to contact us at email@example.com for more details on the practicalities of the training (travel and visa costs for the 3 modules and accommodation for Module I and III will be covered by Drosos Foundation and Eleusis 2021).
- If Modules II and III are possible to take place in person, participants are asked to cover travel and visa costs. Accommodation and other costs are going to be offered by The Festival Academy partners, sponsors and grants accordingly.
- Info about costs placements/Module II: Host organisations offer accommodation, local transport costs, meals or per diem, and workplace insurance.
- Participants from Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia who need bursaries for these potential travel costs need to indicate this in the application form. A fundraising scheme for travel and accommodation might be set up with partners.
In case of late cancellation, the fee will not be refunded.