Coming Times Stories
Stories are powerful and can impact the way we perceive the world. Festivals are fun spaces where different stories of a diversity of people are being shared. Coming Times Stories aims to share visions from festival makers worldwide imagining a next world. Stories and visions that are related to topics of our time – such as racial equity, international solidarity, different models of leadership, social lives, economies, etc. –, impacted by what we as human beings have been through and the many lessons we learned during the COVID-19 crisis.
The purpose of Coming Times: Stories is to give a voice to your struggles over the past year, as well as to give you the opportunity to share your vision and hopes for the future.
How do we see ourselves living together and tackling the main issues of our times while playing, having fun, and enjoying festivals and life together, in the future?
We invite you to tell us about:
- How you experienced, went through, and survived the COVID-19 Crisis: your main achievements, challenges, and survival strategies
- How you envision the future: How can we enjoy what’s next together, reflecting on social issues, equality on this planet, the balance between nature and humankind, justice, fun, fest, love, and what is the role festivals, and more specifically, your festival could play in these? (This can also be a concrete project, a next festival you are working on)
Do you have a story to share? We would love to hear it – and share it with a global community of festival makers through our different communication channels! Submit it here.
If you are interested in sharing your story, please send us:
- A story with between 1000 and 2000 words
- An executive summary of your story (maximum 250 words)
- 3 bullet-points (maximum 15 words each) that highlight ways in which your festival is innovative and changing the world
- Image(s) that represent these Coming Times for you (preferably in a good resolution!)