Introducing the guest speakers from Sweden and the region - Atelier Gothenburg 2018
For this 14th edition of the Atelier for Young Festival Managers in Gothenburg, The Festival Academy together with Kultur I Vast, are delighted to introduce the guest speakers working in Sweden and the region that will take part in the Atelier:
Artists (Related to ICORN Sweden):
- Parvin Ardalan, Activist & Journalist - Iran/Sweden
- Ashraf Atraqchi, Artist, Arts Critic, Curator - Iraq/ Sweden
- Khaled Harara, Hip-Hop Artist - Palestine/Sweden
Other guest speakers from Sweden and the region:
- Kai Amberla, Executive Director Finland Festivals - Finland
- Daniel Andersson, General Director and Artistic Director MDT - Sweden
- Jan Ove
Swedish Festivals - Sweden
- Kalle Karlsson, Integration
Festival Gothenburg - Sweden
- Isabel Lagos, Artistic
Director Gothenburg Fringe Festival - UK / Sweden
- Truls Sanaker, Norway Festivals
- Malin Schiller, Project manager and Producer, Gothenburg Dance and Theatre Festival - Sweden
- Adam Potrykus, Nordic Fringe Network and Stockholm Fringe Festival - Sweden
By sharing their experiences with the participants, they will help the understanding of festival making issues and questions linked to the local scene. The speakers will take part in the plenary discussions of the Atelier, challenging the participants’ ideas, widen their horizons and share their thoughts. They will present their work during panel discussions focusing on questions such as: Festivals and engaging with migrant communities; Artists at Risk: how may Festivals work with/support artists who work in challenging circumstances and the value and challenges of festival networks. All topped with ample networking opportunities.
You can find out more about the guest speakers and artists working in the region here.
Stay updated on The Festival Academy’s news on our website and Facebook.