“Young” in the Atelier’s title refers first of all to the festival managers being “young in the festival business”. The 43 participants from 25 countries who participated in Budapest represent a broad diversity of cultural and professional backgrounds – from students in arts management, to young managers working for large established organisations, to emerging curators running their own innovative international festivals. They all shared the desire to implement excellent artistic festivals.
Diversity as a key element
43 young festival managers from 25 countries – Abu Dhabi, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA– attended the Atelier Budapest 2016. Together they enriched each other with their own stories and cultural reality.
To view the list of participants of Atelier Budapest 2016 click here
The Atelier is a working space especially designed for festival operators:
- dealing with one or more artistic disciplines within a festival
- having a basic practical knowledge in festival operation
- demonstrating the ambition to deepen their skills in the field of programming or in a department closely related to it (e.g. communication, production...)
- proving alternatively that a study course (already completed or due to be completed) is in line with the Atelier
- giving evidence of his/her ambition to work in the festival business
Application for Budapest has now closed. 45 young festival makers from across the world have been selected to participate.
"There was always something to talk about and someone to talk with during the week of the Budapest Atelier 2016. If the Atelier’s plan was to facilitate cultural exchange then, in my view, the results were very positive. The stories, topics, and issues raised by every one of the participants were interesting and constantly challenged us to dare to do, and be, more."