The 13th edition of the Atelier for Young Festival Managers took place from 23 to 29 March 2018, in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was the first edition to take place in Africa and in the Global South which shifted the perspective of the dialogue with the attendance of participants and speakers working in a totally different context. The Atelier aimed for diversity on all levels, in its participants (geographically, art disciplines, socially etc), its mentors and its programme.
The Atelier Johannesburg was organised in partnership with the Market Theatre Foundation and the University of Witwatersrand’s School of Arts. 25 selected participants from 13 different countries participated in this 7-day training programme during which they discussed various aspects of festival management with their peers and renowned festival managers from pioneering festivals and outstanding art centres and institutes from all over the world. The key issues of each atelier were identified by the issues that the participants were occupied with.
- Latest news and pictures are published on Facebook
- Twitter: #AtelierJohannesburg
- Opening Ceremony Speech Inge Ceustermans, Managing Director of The Festival Academy
- Keynote Speech Ismail Mahomed, Chief Executive Officer The Market Theatre Foundation
- Closing Ceremony Speech Inge Ceustermans, Managing Director of The Festival Academy
- Closing Ceremony Speech Ismail Mahomed, Chief Executive Officer The Market Theatre Foundation
- Testimony by Laura Ganda, Zimbabwean participant to the Atelier Johannesburg
- Testimony by Thuthukani Ndlovu, Zimbabwean participant to the Atelier Johannesburg