Presenters at the Atelier are renowned festival directors and managers, experienced festival operators, professionals and artists. During their participation they not only act as lecturers, but also as true mentors as they engage in one-on-one discussions with the participants. They were present for multiple days, some for the whole period of the training. They allow participants an honest and open insight into their careers, including both success stories and failures.
Pool of Experts
We are delighted to announce the four mentors who were present throughout the 7 days of the training to exchange expertise, experiences and challenges with the participants of the Atelier for Young Festival Managers in Valletta.
Under the facilitation of Mike Van Graan (South Africa), Robyn Archer (Australia), Luiz Coradazzi (Brazil), Faisal Kiwewa (Uganda), Roy Luxford (UK) and Brett Pyper (South Africa) have guided the participants during the training and engaged in the global conversation together with a set of guest speakers.
Find out more about them and who they are below!
The Festival Academy is pleased to have Mike van Graan - Founding President of the African Cultural Policy Network (South Africa) facilitating the Atelier Valletta, find out more about him here.
Robyn Archer - Singer, writer, creator and Artistic Director The Light in Winter Festival, former Artistic Director of the National Festival of Australian Theatre (Canberra), the Adelaide and Melbourne Festivals, Ten Days on the Island, public advocate for the arts. Chair Board of HOTA, Home of the Arts, Gold Coast - Australia, will be one of the mentors present during the 7 days training, find out more about her here.
Coradazzi - Cultural Consultant, Founder of Pangea Cultura and former Director Arts at the British Council Brazil - Brazil, is also going to be mentoring during our training. To find out more about him, click here.
Faisal Kiwewa - Founder Bayimba Cultural Foundation / Artistic Director Bayimba International Festival of Arts and Atelier Alumni Izmir (2011) - Uganda will be one of our mentors throughout the training, you can find out more about him here.
Roy Luxford - Programme Director Edinburgh International Festival - UK, will also be one of our mentors during the Atelier. To find out more about him click here.
Brett Pyper - Associate Professor and Head of the Wits School of Arts at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, former CEO of the Klein Karoo National Arts Festival (Absa KKNK) - South Africa, will be part of the mentors during the Atelier. Find out more about him here.
Shahidul Alam - Time Magazine's Person of the Year 2018, photographer, writer and human rights activist, initiator of Chobi Mela International Photography Festival - Bangladesh. You can find out more about him here.
Angela Delgado - Hay Festival Arequipa and Atelier alumni Gothenburg 2018 - Peru will be one of our international guest speakers. To read more about her click here.
Anthony Richter - Regional Director for the Middle East, North Africa and Southwest Asia Open Society Foundations - New York. To learn more about him click here.
- Daniel Azzopardi - ŻiguŻajg International Arts Festival for Children & Young People - Malta will be one of many local guest speakers who will join the Atelier. Learn more about him here.
- Sean Buhagiar - Artistic Director and creative producer (theatre, film and large-scale cutlural events), Artistic Director Teatru Malta, the National Theatre Company of Malta
- Mary-Ann Cauchi (TBC), Director Funding and Strategy Arts Council Malta
- Sandro Debono, Curator MUŻA
- Heidi De Carlo, Mohammed Ibrahim Suleman, Negmledin Soliman Arbab, Pawlos Yowhans, Malick Yahya lssak, speakers from Mahalla Festival Malta. To learn more about them, click here.
- Davinia Galea, Culture Professional, former Executive Director Malta Council for Culture and the Arts
- Joseph Lia, Founder and Artistic Director Malta International Organ Festival, adviser for Europa Cantat, works for Arts Council Malta. Click here to learn about him
- Albert Marshall, Executive Chairman Arts Council Malta
- Annabelle Stivala, Director Festivals Malta. Click here for more info.
- Ruben Zahra (TBC), Artistic Director Malta International Arts Festival and music producer
- Vincent Zammit, Author, Radio and TV producer, Visiting Lecturer at the Institute of Tourism Studies (Malta) and the University of Malta, licensed tourist guide. Read more about him here.
- Kenneth Zammit Tabona (TBC), Maltese artist and illustrator, columnist and reviews music, literature and drama, Deputy Chairman Teatru Manoel, Artistic Director Valletta international baroque festival, President and founder of the Friends of the National Museum of Fine arts