More than merely a networking event - to which you have ample occasion -, the training programme looks in depth - through presentations, sessions in small groups, meetings with artists and visits - at:
- what it means to be a production manager;
- what the challenges are that you encounter in this role;
- solutions, tips & tricks to handle the challenges;
- with special attention given to working with artists,
You can find the detailed programme of the Module here.
Throughout the 4 days the participants will be guided by experienced production managers, who act as true mentors and are available to share their wealth of experience during group sessions and individual discussions.
Topics and Questions
Have a look at the lists of topics and questions explored during the previous editions of the Festival Production Management Training, Module I.
Examples of topics during the sessions:
- Internal communication within the team
- External communication with artists and their production teams
- Planning and communication tools
- Budgets and budgetary restrictions, coproduction and sponsorship
- Corporate and government sponsorship and the implications for ethics and publicity
- Relations with artistic directors and artists
- Working with teams – people management
- Time management
- Contracts; technical riders
- Audiences in transition, audience engagement and accessibility
- The digital age: practical advantages and disadvantages
- Self-care in a demanding job
- Working with volunteers
Examples of questions during the sessions
- What to do when things go wrong or not as planned?
- How to make your festival unique and stay unique?
- How to realize artists’ dreams despite practical impediments?
- How to translate a piece for a foreign or international audience both culturally and linguistically?
- How do audiences in the arts change?
- How can we seize digital opportunities?
- How do the arts contribute to social change?