For Module I of the first Festival Production Management Training in Antwerp, two of three main presenters spent the full three days with participants and gave input throughout. The numerous guest speakers also joined participants for informal occasions in addition to their presentations. In this way participants could really make a connection to the speakers and maximise their experience.
Roy is currently the Planning and Operations Director of the Edinburgh International Festival. Roy has a wealth of experience, having previously held roles including Executive Director of Cheek by Jowl and the Michael Clark Company, the Programme Manager at Sadler’s Wells Theatre and the Peacock Theatre, and General Manager of DB8 Physical Theatre amongst others.
Annet has been the managing director of the Holland Festival since 2009 where she has collaborated with artistic directors Pierre Audi (until 2014) and Ruth Mackenzie (since then). Annet Lekkerkerker has previously worked as Head of Programming at the Stadscchouwburg Amstersdam. She currently sits on various boards and chairs the Amsterdam Cultural Coalition.
Elisabeth is a production manager at HAU Hebbel am Ufer in Berlin. Elisabeth has been at the heart of the festival and arts scene in Germany since she began as a production manager in 1986. She has a great deal of experience and knowledge to share, having been at the innovative and internationally-connected arts centre HAU for more than twenty-five years now.
Hugo De Greef and Nele Hertling
Sessions were facilitated by Hugo De Greef, General Coordinator of The Festival Academy, and Nele Hertling, member of the strategy group 'A Soul for Europe' and longtime mentor of the Ateliers for Young Festival Managers.
- Lies Marten, Pearle* Live Performance Europe
- Matina Magkou, Pearle* Live Performance Europe
- Jerry Aerts, director of deSingel International Arts Campus and members of the deSingel team
- Charlotte Clary, administration and distribution manager for the Temple Independent Theatre Company
- Wim Vandekeybus and his dance company Ultima Vez
- Ger Lawlor, chair of the Wexford Opera Festival
- Valérie Martino, artistic coordinator and production executive of the LOD muziektheater
Positions were correct as of January 2016
“What struck me is the positivity, the passion, the interest."