Module I of Festival Production Management Training took place from 17 - 20 January 2018. Early-career production managers had the opportunity to meet with peers from across the world, learn from renowned experts, and exchange experiences in a variety of session formats. They also enjoyed artistic performances and behind-the-scenes insights from the artists and their teams.
You can find the detailed programme of the Festival Production Management Training Module I 2018 here.
Topics and Questions
Have a look at the lists of topics and questions explored during the previous editions of the Festival Production Management Training, Module I.
Examples of topics during the sessions:
- Internal communication within the team
- External communication with artists and their production teams
- Planning and communication tools
- Budgets and budgetary restrictions, coproduction and sponsorship
- Corporate and government sponsorship and the implications for ethics and publicity
- Relations with artistic directors and artists
- Working with teams – people management
- Time management
- Contracts; technical riders
- Audiences in transition, audience engagement and accessibility
- The digital age: practical advantages and disadvantages
- Self-care in a demanding job
- Working with volunteers
Examples of questions during the sessions
- What to do when things go wrong or not as planned?
- How to make your festival unique and stay unique?
- How to realize artists’ dreams despite practical impediments?
- How to translate a piece for a foreign or international audience both culturally and linguistically?
- How do audiences in the arts change?
- How can we seize digital opportunities?
- How do the arts contribute to social change?